Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The cold and wet curveball


These English Baboons knock me out.
I took a look on Google and learned that baboons are extremely adaptable which is all very well but being native to Africa and Asia, they cannot be that familiar with this amount of snow. Certainly the majority of this troop were likely born in England (and in captivity) where it is notoriously damp but hardly ever choked with heavy snow.
Nonetheless, this gang look pretty relaxed to me, setting their famously wild derrieres down and snacking on what look like oddly oversized shortbread balls or some form of portable oatmeal. Whatever it is, I won't be lining up for this anytime soon.
Animals don't eat when they are uneasy so these baboons have clearly adjusted to the unexpected change in the weather with grace.
It's an enviable response.
I often react to the unforeseen with an arsenal heavily tilted to the negative: fear, panic, irritation.
I could learn a lot from these charmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment